Sunday 24 March 2013

Once upon a time Rocks my socks off!



For all of you who know and like the T.V series once upon a time is.....you are awesome!
For those of you who don't know what it is.....CHECK IT OUT!

I seriously LOVE once upon a time! It has to be one of the best T.V series to come along for a while.
It's based in a town called storybook and flashes back to the characters lives when they used to live in fairytale land. The best thing is all of the characters are from stories, but all have really cool twists and differences.

The show has many twists and turns as all of the characters lives intertwine both in story brook and in fairytale land. This flash back and drama style is to be expected because the people responsible for the show are the creators of former T.V series 'Lost'.

Once upon a time is much better then Lost, and also very different. If you weren't a fan of Lost or got bored of it after a while like I did, have no fear. Once upon a time is very different and the characters are really amazing!

Is it bad for me to say that the bad guys are my favourite? My top five faves are in this order:

1. Rumple/Gold
2. Hook
3. Regina/Evil queen
4. Emma (first non evil character)
5. August (I'm seriously upset about what they did to him this last episode, but I'm not going to say what because I don't want to spoil it)

I really love the magic element to the show. I love magic and Rumple+Regina both use it avidly. I think that's party why I love them so much, but also because they are just awesome.

I love bad guys. I've always wanted to write a book just about a bad guy because they are often really complex or traumatised in some way.  The bad guy/s (not giving it away) In The Keepers is both! Also a bit crazy. I don't think all bad people have to be crazy, but the crazy ones are always the most entertaining. An example of a completely crazy bad guy is the Joker from Batman. Perhaps he is 'over the top crazy', but you can't deny that he's entertaining.

For me (Bat Man and other comic books excluded) a bad guy still needs to be realistic. I find bad guys are often misguided rather then just plain evil. I think that both Rumple and Regina are misguided bad guys. Cora on the other hand is just plain evil and I'm beginning to think hook is too......

Anyway, back to Once upon a time. If you love Fantasy or fairy tails in general you will love this T.V series. I like how it has Fantasy, but also links in with 'real' life. I really like that mix. 




No comments:

Post a Comment